PERFECT has developed a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) on Purchasing and Supply Management (PSM) Fundamentals as the final work package of the project. After registration, the course is accessible free of charge via the following link on the platform oncampus:
Course participants learn to:
- Identify the basic role, benefits, processes and aspects of a PSM department and a variety of specific job roles. Apply a range of purchasing techniques and tools to purchasing activities.
- Describe cross-functional connections between purchasing and other departments, and departments’ connections to external stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities and challenges when acting as the interface between internal customer requirements and external supply networks.
- Understand the impact of supplier relationship management on PSM performance and apply collaboration tools.
- Evaluate trends and developments in PSM and interpret their consequences
The methodology applied and the outcomes of this 6th main work package are summarized in another White Paper available for free download: